How I dealt with this error?
avrdude stk500_getsync() not in sync resp=0x00
So, I was getting this error while trying to upload new code to my Arduino board.
Apparently the last code, or wasn’t upload completely, or was causing some error on the board, that once I plugged it, the led on pin 13 doesn’t stop blinking very fast.
When I tried to upload some new code, for example the default “Blink” code provided with the Arduino IDE after the compiling was done, and the uploading start, on the board only the RX light was blinking but the TX wasn’t.
After that, the error came up. After Googling for this error, no solution worked for me, at least no the ones I found.
What I did figured out, was that apparently the last code I uploaded was making “bad” use of the Serial.print this causing the board to not communicate properly with the PC.
Finally what I did was this:
- Unplug the board from the PC.
- Keep the reset button pressed.
- Plug the USB to the board and to the PC.
- With the IDE open, load the Blink sketch and press the “Upload” button.
- After “Compiling” is done, and just when on the screen it says it’s uploading, release the reset button.
- Hopefully TX and RX will again blink as usual when you upload code, and the board will be fully functional again.
Hope this can help you if you having the same problem.